HeyJinni is like Zoom & Google Meet. Completely FREE at the point of need, HeyJinni Meet is accessible to everyone in any part of the world. No more paying huge sums for online classes and conferences with time, recording, and download restrictions. Packed with tons of rich features, there is something for everyone. Whether you are a home business, doctor, teacher, lawyer, charity organisation in Africa, Asia, Middle East, or Europe, you can now have live audiences/conferences with virtually anyone in virtually any part of the world at zero cost to you or your organisation!
WHAT’S THE CATCH?
Our mission is to build a community of one million HeyJinni friends by 2030. You can use HeyJinni Meet as a standalone service or directly via HeyJinni, our answer to Facebook. All our services are free at the point of need, yet highly sophisticated. Don’t take our word for it, test drive it yourself.
HeyJinni is all about building a solid business base. Benefits of joining HeyJinni include a personal profile, unlimited business pages, listing offers; buying and selling items on HeyJinni Marketplace, posting jobs, HeyJinni Ads to promote your products and/or services, and meeting and making new clients from all over the world.
HeyJinni is not just about business networking. HeyJinni would be incomplete without social networking. Yes, you can invite family and friends, and meet new Jinnies from all over the globe. You can post videos and images, create unlimited groups, buy and sell items (you keep every penny), live chat with family, friends and business clients, watch free movies, play games, live stream/broadcast to virtually unlimited viewers, and get on an audio/video call to anyone in any part of the world.
The rest of this page is about HeyJinni Meet. For more on HeyJinni, your social network, please visit the above site link.
HeyJinni Meet main functionality is live audio and/or video chat between a host and one or more attendees. The host role can be performed by anyone. The following list of hosts/organisers is by no means exhaustive:
- Tutors and their students
- Online classes
- Civil and mechanical engineers
- Software developers/engineers
- Team collaboration
- Cleaning companies
- Plumbers, electricians etc
- Schools, colleges and universities
- Health care agencies
- News broadcasting companies
- Live streaming to a large audience
- Performance shows
- Support personnel
- Real estate agencies
- Car resellers
- Family members
- Live audio and/or video
- Online scheduling
- Admission room
- Private rooms
- Speech recognition
- Text to speech
- *Speech to text & translation
- Virtual background
- Stream live to your audience
- Stream a pre-recorded video
- Chat engagement
- Video logs
- Offline form
- Switch camera
*Please note some of the above listed features may not be available to everyone at the date of publication of this manual.
In order for a video conference call to be performed, both the host(s) and attendee(s) need to be online in one room. As the host, you can generate rooms for your attendees in a couple of ways:
- Schedule an appointment: generate a room from Admin Dashboard. You can add room ID, attendee name (if you are expecting someone to come), and password (if you want this room to be protected) and host name; or
- Attendee link: make the link to be dynamically generated by our system, which you then just share with or email to your viewers/attendees. It can be generated from the Admin Dashboard and can contain different information.
- When both parties are available, attendee will either be prompted for name/email/password (it depends on the configuration) or directly joined to the room.
From here the host and attendee(s) can start chatting, toggle video or audio, transfer a file, blur background or replace with your own company background (for latter you will need to take a picture and upload to give your attendee(s) a truly office experience), do a screen share or take a snapshot* of the other party video screen.
From the host side, there is an additional icon for starting a whiteboard session: This setting needs to be enabled in the configuration file. Whiteboard is also available for attendees as a configuration. For more details see the Whiteboard section
HeyJinni Meet video chat provides two modes for the video chat session. The default is “conference” mode, The meeting style is organized like a Zoom session. The first time you initiate a call, you will be prompted to enable your browser camera and audio.
WARNING! Please note that you have to allow your browser to access camera and/or microphone in order the video chat to work.
When the call is established the initiator can mute/unmute audio, start/stop camera and start a screen share session. If recording is enabled, s/he can record the meeting.
You can enable a pre-call form, so your attendee can adjust their video/audio devices.
In the chat pane, the user is informed about joining/leaving attendees, incoming file transfers and other system messages.
Or if you have enabled the chat view so it is always visible in video, whiteboard and broadcasting:
and too can accept the call with video or audio only. When the call is established an user can mute/unmute audio, start/stop camera and start a screen share session. If recording is enabled, he can record the meeting.
HeyJinni Meet is based on WebRTC technology with Mesh topology. This means that the connections and bandwidth traffic are mainly handled by client side. The traffic on the server is not high, as the connections are peer-to-peer.
- For 1:1 video sessions, theoretically the number of concurrent sessions can be unlimited.
- For multi user video session, the number of participants in each session is limited by client-side bandwidth, device, and CPU limitations for processing vast amounts of video and audio streams. Five participants, rarely on good connections and low resolution camera to eight in a single video conference is a reasonable number. (#1 for rooms at once is valid here)
- For the broadcasting session where there is one or two broadcaster and many viewers that are subscribing to their video and audio stream, organisers can easily use the broadcasting feature for online lessons for 60+ viewers, but this number is also scalable and for sure it can maintain more attendees.
You are able to share the whole screen, separate application or a browser tab if your browser is Chrome 72+, Firefox 52+ or MS Edge 17+. Older Chrome browsers are prompted to use a plugin. Screen sharing session can start from the chat or in-call screen.
Whiteboard feature allows you to show your attendees some drawings, diagrams, images and PDF files. It can be started from chat screen by clicking on the Whiteboard icon. You can do this while in call.
You can record your video or audio only call. It should be enabled in your configuration
- Recording only works when using desktop Chrome AND Opera browsers. Other browsers may or may not allow recording.
- Download – when the recording finishes, the recorded file is directly downloaded. Please note that this is the case when not using a mobile phone. You cannot save or download a recording taking place on a mobile phone.
- Once the download is complete, your video recording is deleted from our system. You are therefore requested to save your downloaded recording for later use such as a pre-recorded broadcast.
- AutoStart – should be enabled, the recording is automatically started when the call is established;
- There is a recording indicator in the attendee side.
If this option is enabled from the Configuration, upon entering a meeting the attendee needs to be admit by the host.
There is one or more broadcaster and many viewers. This is a perfect tool for online lecturers and enterprises.
From admin dashboard you can generate links for the broadcaster – it will open in new tab and the attendee/viewer link will be stored in the clipboard. Your viewers just paste the link in their browser to join the broadcast. There can be more than one broadcaster – just use the broadcast URL from another device.
HeyJinni Meet offers the possibility to transcribe voice to text, or the speech recognition module. It can be enabled from Configuration section of your Dashboard. It uses the Google language API and works only in Google browsers. The default language of the speech recognition is English. From the Dashboard, the host needs to select their own language as well as their attendee language. All the available languages (almost all the known languages of the world) are available from language dropdown list.
Once selected, click this attendee link to copy it in the clipboard and send it to their device. The attendee should see subtitles in his language while the host is speaking. His voice on the other hand will be translated to the host language. If you see “Waiting for the other party to join” label, make sure both links are opened.
Further, while typing a chat message your attendee will receive voice. This functionality can be combined with the translation module. For example, you speak in Spanish, your attendee will receive subtitled message and voice in English.
Please note that “SPEECH-TO-TEXT, TEXT-TO-SPEECH AND TRANSLATE” feature is not enabled for now. HeyJinni intends to roll it out soon.
You can gather information from your attendee by enabling the entry form feature. You can enable the following options:
- enabled – true/false, default is false;
- required – true/false, if set to true all fields are mandatory. Default is false;
- private – true/false, set the form to have password field. If the admin has set a pass for this room, the pass field is mandatory. Default is false;
- showEmail – true/false, show or not email field. Default is false;
- showAvatar – true/false, show or not field for inputing avatar URL. Default is false;
The admin panel has backend information about the hosts, users, rooms and chat history.
- In the Attendee section you can track your site attendees and see who is requesting a session with you.
- In the Page management section you are able to generate custom room for a definite user. You can specify a time period, duration of the meeting, attendee name, host name, room ID and if the room should be password protected. The save button is saving each generated room in a DB if available.
- You can have as much hosts as you wish and define their own host page, so they track attendees for a specific room.
- With Attendee and Agent Short URLs you can set a readable URLs of your rooms. Thus your room may have the following URL format: https://meet.heyjinni.com/shortname,
From Room management you can edit, add new or start directly a new room by assigning the configuration with the Spanish locale to it.
Picture in picture (PiP) allows your attendee video to be in a floating window while you are on another tab or application. The feature is enabled from the Configuration options of the Dashboard panel.
You can blur your background or add your own. In the Dashboard in Configuration section you can choose to enable Blur and/or Backgrounds. The following options will appear in your video panel:
If you have enabled Backgrounds, the system will read images in img/virtual folder. Default ones are visible here:
Browsers in the image below (including the Huawei browser) are supported browsers. HeyJinni recommends Chrome Browser for a perfect experience. Please note that not all browsers, with the exception of the Chrome browsers support recording (such as Safari in mobile view). HeyJinni, therefore, wherever possible, strongly recommends you to use the Google/Chrome browser for best user experience.
Please make sure “Access only rooms in the list” is not enabled.
This happens in the Safari browser in mobile view mainly. HeyJinni is working on a fix. In the meantime, use the Chrome browser on your office/home desktop.