Your main HeyJinni account
Your life on planet HeyJinni starts with an account. You must create a HeyJinni account in order to use HeyJinni. Your main HeyJinni account is where you:
- Enter information about yourself such as a username, first and last name, county, email address, mobile phone number, date of birth and gender. You may be asked to confirm your details if you want access to certain services such as self-hosted ads, video channels, music channels, or participate in HeyJinni monetisation schemes.
- Create a password to log in to your account and access your global profile.
Your global profile
Generally, at HeyJinni no meaningful distinction is made between your main HeyJinni account and your global profile as your global profile is an extension of your main HeyJinni account. Unless stated otherwise, any reference to your main HeyJinni account is also a reference to your global profile and vice versa,
- Your global profile is the profile that you create when you register for a HeyJinni account.
- Your global profile is required.
- Your global profile identifies and represents you on HeyJinni and is the place where you share information about yourself (e.g. photos, videos, interests, places, etc).
- Your global profile must be active in order to create and manage extended profiles (Stores, Pages, Groups. etc.,) or satellite account profiles (Blaze or Flame) as admin.
- Any extended profile is deleted when your global profile is deleted.
- Your satellite account profiles are not deleted when your global profile is deleted, but you will be locked out of these “special status” accounts permanently when your global profile is deleted. You must, therefore, delete any satellite profile before deleting your global profile.
- Your global profile is deleted when you delete your main HeyJinni account.
- When your main HeyJinni account is deleted, all your information is deleted.
Your extended profiles
Extended profiles are used for doing different things on HeyJinni. You can delete your extended profiles individually such as Pages and Groups. All extended profiles are created under your global profile. Any profile not created under your “satellite profiles” is an extended profile of your global profile.
Your satellite profiles
Your main satellite accounts are:
- Blaze; and
Satellite account profiles ( or simply “satellite profiles”) are used for doing different things on HeyJinni. They are self-governing entities of your global profile. You can delete your satellite profiles individually just like you can any extended profile. However, each satellite profile comes with its own and extended account settings, mobile apps; ad system, monetisation system; feed, posts, status, age and geo-specific content, messaging system, and blocking system; and you can follow artists (Flame) or subscribe to channels (Blaze).
All your satellite profiles are automatically created with selected information from your global profile. They are automatically created the moment you “tap” login on any of these entities, unlike an extended profile which has to be created from almost scratch such as Pages. However, if you delete your global profile without first deleting a satellite profile, you will be locked out of your satellite profile forever as satellite accounts are creatures of your global profile. It is, therefore, crucial to delete any satellite account before deleting your global profile. Learn more about satellite accounts Blaze and Flame.
Important account setting information
Account settings apply to all your profiles, and you can access these settings through your global profile. However, although accessible through your global profile setting, your satellite account profiles come with their own or additional settings. Account settings, including privacy and who you block, apply to each profile individually.
Also important to remember is that your global profile notifications and settings don’t carry over to your other HeyJinni profiles. You can manage settings separately for each profile, and can update privacy settings for your profiles at any time.
Did not find the answer or information you were looking for? Get in touch with our resolution centre.